Saturday, February 18, 2012

Easy Valentine



It's not that I ran out of time to make my Valentine's this year... not exactly... it's more like all of the other things I do were calling out the loudest and my Valentine's sort of lost their voices. So I made this simple Valentine for my husband in about 10 min.

1. I cut the heart out of one of the MANY paintings my daughter creates on a weekly basis. (I'm sure she would be okay with it!)
2. I found a pen (in this case a black Papermate ballpoint pen- my husband's favorite kind) and laying it over the heart I measured out where the two notches should be cut out in the middle of the heart.
3. I cut 2- 1/2" slits into the heart and threaded the pen through so that the top and bottom of the pen show up on top of the heart
4. I then cut a triangle out of colored paper for the arrow tip and two smaller triangles out of colored paper for the "feathers" of the arrow and taped them onto the pen.
5. To make the "feathers" look more real, I fringe cut the bottom triangles.
6. Add a sappy note on the back and you're done!

(He loved the pen... earlier that day another pen just like it ran out of ink... it's all in the timing.)


Baby Boo was the only one I didn't make a Valentine for... but he's only 4 months, so I hope he forgives me. Bean got her favorite kind of sucker. My mom got an anti-Valentine, as she prefers. All said it was a good day that didn't rely too heavily on consumerism.

No comments:

Post a Comment