Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Letter written to my friend Suzy who knows what a disaster my house is


Dear Miss Suzy,

I wanted to write and let you know what a good influence you’ve had in my life. Yesterday while the Bean played at her little table with crayons, a pencil, a stuffed bear and some junk mail, I started to clean off my desk in the kitchen. Normally I would have sat on the big comfy chair in the living room and spaced out for a while, maybe read Real Simple (dog earring all of the pages about organizing and cleaning), or turned on the TV trying to catch some Real World before the Bean toddled in to find me. But yesterday was different. Maybe it was the towering mass of paper and fabric and general CRAP on my desk that made me stay on my feet- quick like a bunny- and start to put stuff away (a lot of it going into the recycling). At some point I got distracted by the island, also a level 9 disaster area and decided that I should do something about that too.

I’m happy to report that both surfaces are about 80% cleaned off/dealt with.

I will endeavor to finish cleaning both surfaces today.

Thank you for your time.

Your humble servant,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment