Wednesday, November 25, 2009



It's not that I don't like birthdays but in general birthdays don't like me.  There are so many random strange things that happen on my birthday that sweat pants, a nice comfy bed and a good book seem to be the only things that can't spoil the day.  Maybe I just get disappointed easily.  Maybe I am cursed for silly, ridiculous and completely random things to happen to me on my birthday.
This year the fiascos include:
  • Wanting cupcakes from Uprise only to find that the cupcake of the day was peanut butter with maple brown sugar frosting. 
  • Why it's a fiasco: I don't really love cupcakes in the first place (but the apple pie that I really want for my birthday will be served on Thanksgiving) and I loathe peanut butter 75% of the time.
  • Receiving a balloon that said: Happy Birthday (on side one) birthday boy (on side two).  Mom didn't see side two when she bought the balloon.
  • Why it's a fiasco: I'm not a boy.
  • The Bean was still crying when I got back from dinner with Joe at 9pm.
  • Why it's a fiasco: I went to go put her to sleep and by 10pm when I put her in the crib, I crawled into my bed without having my chocolate cream pie (brought home from the Old 63 Diner).  No candles, no singing... just snoring.
  • The next morning I discovered that my pie was no longer in the refrigerator
  • Why it's a fiasco: my mother mistakenly ate my birthday pie.
So there it is folks, no major disasters... just the usual random things that make me wish I stayed in bed with my book.
* the good things: Us Weekly, a peppermint patty, flowers, silly cards, lots of birthday wishes, and monkeys with hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment