Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Craftcation inspired



Okay... Reality check.  No one reads this blog.  Why, you ask?  Because not many people know about it.

I just went to Ventura, Ca to a conference called Craftcation.  Which is just what the title suggests... Ventura was beautiful; the conference hotel was right on the beach and we ate tacos at every meal (practically).











If that doesn't sound like (va)cation, I don't know what does.  The Craft part is a little more complicated because the conference was about Making.  Crafting, making, being a maker ... and more. There were opportunities to learn how to craft and also how to succeed in the world of craft / DIY businesses.

Lego jewelry with Instructables

In short, it was completely inspirational and I'm having a little bit of a hard time re-entering my life in snowy Columbia, Missouri.  But as my brain is shifting and settling with all of my newfound knowledge, I am reminded about one of the main things I was told- no one will know about your blog unless... 1. YOU ACTUALLY POST and 2. YOU TELL PEOPLE TO READ WHAT YOU POST.

Oops.  That seems to be the thing I keep forgetting.  I'm not a great writer... I'm a good story teller... but I always need a good editor.  I tend to go on and on.   And I use a lot of... ellipses.

SO... with all of that said, I have a lot to post about Craftcation and all of the things I learned there... about myself and my future and why it's so important to find other people like yourself.  I hope to tell more people about this blog.  Soon.  I promise.

Makers Unite!





No comments:

Post a Comment